The primary purpose of audio visual services at NCNM is to support the faculty in their educational objectives by providing, maintaining and supervising the use of media technology in instruction, production and communication. The same resources are available to NCNM staff.
Generally only faculty, staff and administrators may request and reserve audio visual resources. AV equipment and services may in some circumstances be provided for student events when they are sponsored by the College. In such cases the requests should be made through Student Government, Student Services or a faculty advisor.
Students may also request to use our Remote Room, which accomodates those who cannot attend lectures for infant care or medical reasons. Fill out this Remote Room Request Form and return it to Student Services.
Staff and Faculty: To request that a class or event be recorded, fill it out this form and return it to Steve Dehner’s office when completed. Please note that lectures recorded on behalf of individual students require the Dean’s signature on the form.
NCNM Policy for Recording Classes
- Requests for recording classes must be made by faculty; the College does not record classes at student request.
- Requests must be made using the form listed above.
What Equipment is Already in the Rooms?
Please note that this equipment is assigned to the room for the term, and you don’t need to reserve it. For any other equipment, you must submit a reservation request.
|Room||Ceiling Mounted LCD Projector & Screen||Smart Podium with PC & Internet Access||Document Camera: CD, VCR, DVD, & Laptop connections||Laptop PC with DVD player and Internet connection||Robotic Surgery Camera||Overhead Projector||CD Player||Slide Projector||TV & VCR||Notes|
2. If you need to amplify audio from the laptop, please request powered speakers
Please note that Rooms 107, 310, 322, and 324 have PA systems with wired microphones. These are the rooms that can be viewed in the Remote Room (323). Room 226 has a wireless mic for recording only; it has no speakers.
What Can I Reserve?
The following equipment is available for faculty to reserve:
- Teach 1: A mobile cart with a Windows 7 laptop PC with a DVD player and internet connection; speakers, a remote control cursor/laser pointer, and an LCD projector.
- Teach 2: A mobile cart with a Windows 7 laptop PC with a DVD player and internet connection; speakers, a remote control cursor/laser pointer, and an LCD projector.
- Teach 3: A mobile cart with a Windows 7 laptop PC with a DVD player and internet connection; speakers, a remote control cursor/laser pointer, and an LCD projector.
- Stand-alone LCD projectors (for connection to your own PC, VCR, or DVD player)
- TV Carts: A cart with a 32-inch HDTV, laptop computer with 15-foot monitor cable, DVD player and a VCR.:
- 35mm Slide Projectors
- Digital Video Camcorders (comes with tripod, and wireless or wired mic)
- Digital Audio Recorders
- Audio Cassette/CD Players
- CD Players
- Opaque Projector
How Do I Reserve AV Equipment?
The preferred method is by online reservation form. Paper reservation forms are also available in the AV office, Room 102.